Bulky item collection
Our free bulky item collection service for Liverpool City Council residents only.
Before you book a collection
There are a number of ways to donate or recycle items without having to book a collection.
Donate your items to charity
- Larger furniture items -
- Smaller items - drop these at Age UK, Age Concern, Scope, Barnardo's or the British Heart Foundation. The
Recycle your items
- Use your nearest recycling centre
- Use a Bring Bank - these are often situated in supermarket car parks or local parks
Book a collection
Collection dates are based on when we are next in your area between 7.30am and 4.30pm.
Please read the terms and conditions before you request a collection.
How many items will you collect?
You can request up to five bulky items per individual property, up to five small electrical items and up to five bags of textiles - clothes, belts, shoes, handbags - per collection.
You cannot book a collection for textiles only. LSSL will only collect bags of textiles alongside your booked collection. Just bag them up and give them to the driver.
Where to leave your items
You must leave items outside the home on your collection day. We will only collect items from inside in exceptional circumstances at this time.
Please make sure all items are clear of any hazards that could harm or injure our staff.
Items we collect
- Fridges and freezers (must be cleaned out before collection) - American-style fridge freezers must be left outside
- Cookers and microwaves (but not range cookers)
- Dishwashers, washing machines and tumble dryers
- Carpets and underlay - volume uplifted per collection is discretionary
- Wardrobes, chest of drawers, tables and chairs.
- Display cabinets and coffee tables - if containing glass, it must be secured and not broken
- Dining room tables and chairs and dining room furniture - free standing
- Sofas and armchairs
- Televisions, videos and TV cabinets
- Internal doors
- Vacuum cleaners
- Bed frames and mattresses
- Bikes and exercise equipment
- Computers, monitors and printers - classed as one item
- Cots, prams and high chairs
- Garden furniture
- Small electrical items - hairdryer, straighteners, toaster, kettle etc
- Textiles - clothes, belts, handbags, shoes
Items we do not collect
- Batteries: If the battery is removable, the service will collect an item (such as a power drill/e-scooter etc.) without the battery
- Builders waste, garden waste or domestic waste
- Fabrics or bags of miscellaneous items
- Fixtures and fittings - external doors and windows etc
- Garden waste
- Glass items where the glass is damaged or hasn't been secured
- House clearances
- Liquids, hazardous waste or gas cylinders
- Range cookers
- Sun beds
- Toys and pianos
You can dispose of items we do not collect at Otterspool or Old Swan Household Waste Recycling Centres.
What happens to the bulky items you collect?
We recycle goods to help reduce the pressure on landfill sites.
Changing or cancelling a bulky item collection
If you wish to amend or cancel your collection, please click on the link in the confirmation email we sent you at the time of booking to amend or cancel your booking online.
However, if your collection is due within 24 hours you will need to call us to change or cancel your booking.